Saturday, December 10, 2011

What are the advantages of having a Google voice number?

I have a Straight talk phone and a landline. Why should I get Google voice?|||I use Google Voice as my exclusive number. There are a couple of reasons why...





1) I used to have a "stalker" ex-girlfriend, she kept calling and calling, and my cell phone provider only allows me to save voice mail messages for two weeks, I needed a more permanent solution (Google Voice saves voice mail forever until I decide to delete them).





2) I have been in some financial difficulty (economic crisis), and I could not afford to pay my cell phone bill, however, one requires at least voice mail when looking for work. Even though my cell phone got cut off, I could still make and receive calls (online, similar to Skype), and always have voice mail available for those who called me.





3) Google Voice allows you to filter incoming calls, you can setup "groups" such as "friends" "family", etc. So, I can ensure that my mother can always access me, making my phone ring when she calls, but if a caller who is not in any of my "permitted list" calls, they go straight to voice mail, this was a very useful tool when I wasn't paying my bills (due to lack of money) and creditors kept calling non-stop, since they were calling my Google Voice number, they went straight to voice mail.





4) There are other uses for it, I like that I don't have to pay for text messaging (free unlimited text messaging with Google Voice). This too saves me some money each month by not needing a text message plan with Verizon (my cell phone carrier). So, I can send text messages via my Android based phone, or use Google's email service Gmail to send and receive for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment