Monday, December 19, 2011

What's so significant about Google Voice as an iPhone app?

It was significant enough for Apple to block it, Google to get royally upset about that block, and consumers to get mad that they couldn't get it.





But what exactly would Google Voice as an iPhone/iPod Touch app be able to do that's so special that it warrants all the fuss?|||Google Voice provides the user with their own phone number that you can attach to six (6) other phones.





I use Google Voice, I switched from my iPhone on AT%26amp;T to a Droid on Verizon. When I got my phone number from Verizon, I basically tossed it away, I don't need it and for a year now, I don't even know my own number from Verizon... instead, I use only my Google Voice account.





The reason is that I always have my voicemails transcribed and emailed to me. They show as "visual voicemail", and I don't even have a text messaging plan, I get unlimited and free text messaging through Google Voice, the catch is that I have to have a data plan. Again, I get unlimited calling minutes to anywhere, anytime within the United States, Canada and Mexico, I only pay 2 cents a minute calling Europe, this means that I don't have to pay Verizon for outrages international calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment