Saturday, December 24, 2011

Use google voice on computer instead of cell phone?

I just broke my Android phone but i had it all synced up to my gmail account.


Is there any way i can make the calls and/or texts that would go to my phone go to my google voice on my computer?|||Since Android is always synced to your Google, or Gmail account, you will be able to easily access almost everything that was once on your Android device. To do this, you should log into your Google/Gmail account. (https://www.google.com/accounts/Login) Once you are logged in, then you should go to this link (https://www.google.com/voice) From there, I can assure you that you will be able to access the same info you had on your Android phone.|||Yes, and No...





If I understand what it is you are trying to ask, can you use your mobile phone number that was provided by your phone's carrier with Google Voice? Yes, IF you had ported that number earlier to Google Voice, otherwise you will have to create a NEW phone number to be used with your Google Voice account.





If your Android based phone is using T-Mobile or AT%26amp;T, then take out that SIM card and place it into another GSM based phone that works for that carrier. Then log into your Google Voice account and link that phone number to your GV account. Once that has been done, you can take the SIM card out and you can make and receive calls via GV.

No comments:

Post a Comment