Saturday, December 24, 2011

What apps do i need with google voice?

How does google voice work. I downloaded the application so what else do I need to make calls. I tried using google voice dialer but I'm not sure if it worked or if I was even using it in the right way. What other application do I need on my cell phone to make it work. I'm using a wifi connection if that helps any.|||When dialing a number with Google Voice on a cell phone, you can only do so with a voice plan from a carrier. Your voice calls are NOT over the Internet like Skype is. However, your SMS are sent over the Internet either through a data plan with your phone carrier or over a WiFi connection.





You can use Google Talk to make phone calls (this is tied to your Google Voice account) within your browser if you are using Chrome for example (I have not tried to use other browsers for this task, so I can't make a judgement one way or the other). Simply access your Gmail and make a phone call, make sure that you have a working microphone and speakers (doesn't matter if you use a headset or if you have both the speakers and microphone built into the computer).

No comments:

Post a Comment